Friday, November 9, 2007

The funniest phone call I’ve ever received!


So yesterday was my birthday. I went to work feeling a little nauseous because I’d eaten some nasty cheese burger from Burger King the night before, but other then that my day was regular. After work I hurried to the other end of town to get my Driver’s license renewed. The DMV center wasn’t busy at all, and the employees were all very nice, so that was a plus, because I was not in the mood for any negativity yesterday. When that was all over I went home to get dressed. A male friend of mine called dibbs on my birthday night months ago, so we were headed out to the Cheesecake Factory at around 7:30pm.

I’m in my room, toweling off from my shower when I see my phone flashing that little red light that means I missed a call. It was a number that I didn’t recognize, and I’d only missed the call by 2 minutes so I called it back. I let it ring 4 times and then I hung up. A few seconds later it rang. Same number, so I answered it.

Some male voice that I didn’t recognize was saying “Happy birthday Miss Nic!” He sounded like some distant geeky religious uncle or something. I asked who it was but they would only repeat the same thing, and that was “Happy Birthday Miss Nic!!!!!” I couldn’t place the voice, but I knew it was someone messing with me. So I asked again “Who am I speaking to?”
That’s when the caller broke out laughing.

You will never guess who it was………………………………………….. My ex-best friends’ babies’ daddy.

Well you could have knocked me over with a feather. Oh he went on and on talking about how our birthdays are right next to each other. That his brother still wanted to talk to me. That he and his girl were going to the Cheesecake Factory the next night. And isn’t it crazy that were both going there for our birthdays…………….must be because we’re Scorpios, blah blah blah. The whole time I’m thinking that “This Nigga is crazy!” I knew that the only way he would be able to get my number was through my ex-BFF. She always said that he was crazy, but I didn’t think it would manifest itself this way. Why would he think that we were buddies? Idonknow?!?!?!?! I guess, since we’ve never really had a falling out he’s assumed that we’re cool.

All I could do was laugh, shake my head and say “Thank you.”

I can’t believe that with everything he put my once BFF through, he thought he and I were cool enough to call my phone. I would have said something along the lines of “Aaaaaahrahhhummmmm……….yeah, don’t call back please, you’re weirding me out.” All that would have done is cause more drama in their lives. And while I’m sure that that is something that they both enjoy very much, I don’t want to have any parts in it. I just really couldn’t believe that he called MY PHONE.

She’s got a winner, LOL!!!!!! I wish them both the best, for the sake of my godson, whom by the way is doing great
.



Love y'all,
Nic

8 comments:

Khoney330 said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nic!! Hope you enjoyed your day!

KIKI said...

I knew I liked you for a reason! Happy Belated fellow Scorp!

Yeah, ole boy is nuttier than a fruit cake...that's just crazy!

Monie said...

Happy Belated!!!!

dc_speaks said...

Happy belated Birthday....HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! You're back blogging. Sorry I missed it, hun.

peace and have fun on the weekend!

*Tanyetta* said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

p.s. anyone with this title: My ex-best friends’ babies’ daddy.

should be avoided at all costs, so, you're right for not getting involved in the foolishness.

Keelah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NIC!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated!!

Shai said...

Happy Belated. It sounded like ole boy has a thing for you. Or he and his woman are crazy and she had him call. That was an odd situation. SMH. LOL.