Thursday, November 8, 2007

Shoulda titled that last post…."When The Shit Hits the Fan!!!!!"


Annnnnnnnywaaaayyy………………

So y’all know that boy was headed for a major meltdown right?
I went back over there a few times that week. Let me tell you what happened. On the 20th I went over to my friends’ house to chill. Grandma came over at around 4:30pm with “D”. He immediately started to act up. Nothing major at first, just that running in and out the house 50 times per minute. That’s just how little boys do sometimes. Well grandma wasn’t having it this day. I hear her yelling to him to get in the house and do his homework while I’m lounging upstairs. G’ma is super pissed because he got another bad report in school again (behavioral stuff). So I walk down the steps to (be nosey) get something, and as I do I hear her tell “D” again to get his bookbag, and come in the house to start his homework. Well “D” didn’t like that at all, because he came in the house slammed the door behind him and threw (an overhand throw by the way) his book bag at his grandmother who was sitting at the dining room table about 20 feet away. He then started to yell/whine & stomp. I’m thinking “This lil’ boy needs his as whooped cuss he just wants to do whatever he wants”. So you know what I did? I walked out the front door, and let his grandmother give him the spanking/beating he deserved. An hour later he was back to being bad.


A few days later he had a really bad asthma attack. I don’t know what brought it on, but it was real. His little chest was sunken in, and the poor thing was crying because he was so out of breath. They took him to the hospital to see what was what, and the dummies at the hospital sent him back home. He spent a few hours in the house, but he was lethargic and wheezing so badly that they decided to take him back up there. This time they gave him some type of steroids, to get his breathing back to where it needed to be.

Well I was at the house when he came back and what I saw still has me amazed. I’ve never seen “D” so focused in my life. Those steroids did something magical to that boy! Instead of jumping down entire flights of stairs and using the railings on the porch to climb to the second story ledge he just sat down and started to play with some toys. The doctors said that the medicine was going to make him hyper. I was pleasantly surprised at how it worked in his system. His breathing got back to normal, and he actually calmed down a lot. I watched & listened as he read the same story book 6 times. FOCUSED!!!!!!!! I whispered to my friend “He’s focused as shit right now.” She laughed and kinda stopped paying attention to what “D” was doing and started watching TV. The days since then have been so much better. I’m not sure if it was the steroids, or if he was just happy to have gotten so much attention, or if he was happy to be out of the hospital (who likes getting poked at?!?!) But he was actually acting like he had some sense.

He was cool for a few days after that, and then it was back to the usual crap.

This little boy is out of control. The tantrums come every time he’s told to stop playing around.

I asked my friend if they’d ever considered taking him to therapy. She said that she had, but that the grandmother wasn’t really pressed about doing that.

To be continued……………………………………………………

6 comments:

Keelah said...

grandmother wasn’t really pressed about doing that.

Hmm?? NO...so she must feel like constant yelling about the same thing is working for her huh? I guess...

Anonymous said...

Yes, they need to do something about "D" there is something going on and it could very well be just needing some more love and attention...but at any rate, they need to do something....G-ma might just be reallll tired about now...u know how older people get....it doesnt get better it usually gets worst and it generally manifest into deeper issues later!!!

************
I got my hand on my hip Miss Nic...where da hell u been????

love ya
Chokkk

KIKI said...

I say chain him to a pole in the basement like I do my 7 year old! WHAT?!!?...No?...Well, I don't know what else to tell you then...LOL!

But seriously...can we say ADHD? That boy needs therapy & QUICK!

Anonymous said...

OOOOO...kkkk....

Well, he could be hard pressed for attention...he could need therapy...or it could be A.D.D., or or or... Either way, someone should do something, dontcha think?

dc_speaks said...

you are far more involved than you think you are. keep your eye open and if someone should happen to make an anonymous call to child protective...then ummmm...who can prove it.

remember you're goin to be an enforcer of the law one day...protect and serve. smile

Sheletha said...

whatever happend to beatani99aazz???