Tuesday, December 4, 2007

New News

Hey everyone,

I’m sorry that I went on hiatus again. I’ve been busy with work and stuff. Y’all know the drill. Let me give you all a little update on the going-ons of my life.

First off, in the time between now and the last post, I have come out of the “I miss my ex” funk. Thank the lord! Now I’m not gonna’ lie to y’all, I have been in contact with him this month, but there was no screwin’. We just spoke on the phone a couple of times, and exchanged a few texts. My favorite of which goes as followed….

Him: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Me: Kill ya’self!

I took a little time, and apologized for my extreme comment. Saying that I shouldn’t let my anger towards him cause me to stoop to a new low. But then I also added that I just needed him to keep his future holiday greetings to himself. He was cool about it.

I’ve been dating a really nice guy named *******. He’s someone I met in college waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy back in the day. We kinda reconnected around September, and with the exception of a minor break, have been chilllin’ ever since. We haven’t slept together, because I’m just so not ready for that. But he keeps me happy in other ways. He’s always a complete gentleman. And he lets me be my true bossy self, which I love! Our relationship is one that I have complete control over. I let him know that, what I’m interested in doing with him is getting to know him better, so that I can consider moving him from the associate category to the friend category. I know that he likes me, but so the fuck what?!!?! I’m not going to get into a relationship with anyone unless I know everything about them, and I can call them a true friend. He knows about most of the stuff I had to go through with my ex (back in the day) so he’s pretty patient and understanding. I don’t know if I could ever commit myself to ******* (long term) because (as you might have gathered) he’s a bit of a push-over, but... he keeps me content right now, and that’s what I need.


Now, onto Police business.
I have taken and passed my test (older readers know that already), but since then, I have also gone to my recruit orientation, my first interview, and I’ve had my medical evaluation. The next thing that I have to do is be scheduled for, (and take) my physical agility test. If I pass that then the only thing left for me would be the psych exam and the eval. This whole process is taking forever, but it’s understandable. I’m just really anxious!


Work?!?!?I don’t EVEN want to talk about it!

Peace

4 comments:

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Glad to hear you have kicked your funk to the curb and have since replaced it with someone you are finding some happiness. :-)

I was worried bout'chu gurl.

Happy to hear all is working out with the police business....

Granted, things might be going slower than you'd like but as long as things are movin' forward, then it's all goodie.

BTW, I'll start extending my True Ghetto Story installments when you stop going on hiatus. Fair enough? LOL

Nic said...

Ahhhhhhh! This sounds like a challenge?

*(Scratchin' my neck like Pookie, feenin' cause you KNOW I needs (yes needs) another installment!)*


Alright, Alright...I'll do it! Now tell your avatar to stop staring at me please!

dc_speaks said...

smooches...feel better and keep your head up!

*Tanyetta* said...

Yeah!!!!! She's back! Your new friendship sounds like a much better place for you! I know you're going to take it slow and not rush into things. I sound like a mommy right now! LOL

p.s. Congrats on passing the test and I know you'll be glad when the process is over ;)