Thursday, October 11, 2007

Quickie



I was standing outside of my job yesterday, just talking on the phone to a new friend, when my ex rode by me in his ambulance truck. He didn’t stop. Didn’t even look my way, witch is kinda funny because about a couple of weeks ago he sent me a text saying “I’m sorry!” I hadn’t made any attempt to contact him and his text message was out of the clear blue. I didn’t put too much stock into it because, well for one it was sent at close to 2am on a Saturday morning (booty call time). And two…..it was just a damn text! The most impersonal way of communication known to man. I responded with a … “It’s cool” the next day, and just kinda forgot about him.

Of course, after seeing him I had an awful dream. In the dream, he came into my room with this weird rose vine for me and lay in my bed. He started to stroke my hair and back, and then started saying some crap to me, about never leaving me again. This shit, of course, woke me up.

I’m confused, because my subconscious is playing games again. Just some residual bull shit I guess. Oh well, the good thing is that when I saw him yesterday, I didn’t feel hate for him. I didn’t feel anything actually. I just finished talking to my friend for as long as his lunch break allowed.




Peace

9 comments:

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Gurl...ain't nothing like talkin' to a NEW fling...I mean friend [hehehe] to take your mind off of an old ex!!

Slowly but surely, thoughts of him [your ex--I mean] are gonna get real damn OLD.

[The fact that he was able to pass you by just yesterday--and you felt absolutely nothing is proof that it's working!!]

So play on playette...play on!!! ;-)

dmarks said...

That is one huge spam above there! Is anyone who spells blog "Blogg" a real blogger?

Anyway, sounds like any thoughts of him seem to be fading to indifference?

KIKI said...

Girl...it's that residual bullshit that gets you every time! LOL...You doing good...I'm proud of you!!

And yeah...what dmarks said...SPAM ALERT!!! SPAM ALERT!!!

Sugar said...

Who is the nutjob in the first comment? Dayum!! More typos than in a George W. Bush back to school essay when he was in the 7th grade!

Anyway, hold on girl! Those ex men will have you looking crazy trying to decide what to do. If you've got a new thing going on with a fresh piece, don't get distracted!

Nic said...

@ Ms. B,
First off! How come I can't get words to be BOLD like you can.
This is my dag on blog :)
Ahhh, but yes.....it's good to be back in tha game. I feel like I've got a whole new lease on life.

@ dmarks,
Yeah I had to get rid of Joshua's comment there. LOL @ "Is anyone who spells blog "Blogg" a real blogger?" I'd say no! Thanks for stopping by.

@ Kiki,
It keeps on trying to pull me back in! HAHAHA! I'm having too much fun now.

@ Sugar,
Yes! He had to go. I hate those slimey, one for all, spam messages.
Someone should send him a "Spam Bomb" lol! And yeah, I'm having fun with the new fish, but I don't think he's the one. I'm just happy to be having fun right now.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

dc_speaks said...

lol@ms b!

just do you and enjoy being a young, single, goal oriented diva in your city.

anything else is useless negative emotions(romantically speaking of course)

CapCity said...

yea, just continue to let. him. gooo - from your mind, body & soul (he's clearly already out of your life - but don't be surprised if/when u get aNOTHER 2am call/text;-)! thanx again for coming thru!

Nic said...

@ DC,
Can't believe I'll be 27 in a few weeks. Where has all the time gone?
*Looking sideways at you and Ms. Behaving ;)

@ Capcity,
Yeah, so far I'm doing pretty good. When I feel like I might slip....I just think back to all the juvi bull-crap he put me through, and the desire to even be associated with him (even on the friend tip) disappears. Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you more often :)

Ms.Honey said...

Aint it just like them to send a text then ignore it like nothing happened lol