Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Too old for this shit!

Why did I forget the fact that I told my boss I would come in to work this past Saturday morning at 6am? Completely not taking into account that I told “The Artists” sister that I would come to her birthday party, and that I told my girlfriend that I would go to some other club with her around 12, the same Friday night. I mean the shit completely slipped my mind. My girlfriend and I ended up seeing a 12:30 showing of that new Martin Lawrence movie all the way out Neshaminy (which is on the other side of the world for folk like me). Anyway...were sitting in the theater, and it's going on 2am when she looks over at me and says "Damn....you going to work tomorrow?!?!" I'm all "Shiiiiiit! I forgot all about that mess. Oh well, I min-as-well not even go to sleep when I get home. Just chill for a sec, and get ready to leave out for work."

Needles to say, Saturday was no fun! Anyone else out there feeling like their hangin' out late/partying days are coming close to an end. When did you realize you couldn't hang? Or are you still out there closing clubs down?

5 comments:

JustMeWriting said...

"min-as-well" LOL... Nothing but Philly- Talk...hahahaha! Girl...I think I was born to stay in the house...or hold the pocketbooks of other women in the clubs, but I'll have to say these last couple of months have REALLY showed me what I can do if I put my mind to it...LOL. I mean, not that I'm dancing or anything, but I have found myself being urged to "leave out the side door." more often...but since it's "work" related I can't say I mind.

*Tanyetta* said...

i'm sleepy just reading your post. don't run yourself ragged!!!!!

Keelah said...

Girrrrrl! I found out the hard way when I just kept falling asleep everywehre I went. Even if the party was hype...I was outta there! I was about 26 when that started happening. But the older I get, the more important things like rest becomes. If I dont, I'm no good the next day!

Ms.Honey said...

I was like min as well LOL what is that then I got it great....dang sucks to be out that late and have to go to work

Monie said...

Shit...the only thing I close is the door when my tired ass is going to bed. I don't need to be out seeing the same people, wearing the same clothes, dancing to the same music. I'd rather watch HGTV. LOL!