Monday, July 23, 2007

What Kind Of Bird Don't Fly?


A Jailbird!!!!!

Sorry, lol! Sorry, that's joke I heard my uncle Sly (G-o rest his soul) tell his son when he went to visit him in jail a long time ago. Still makes me laugh to this day because, well....how could you say that to your locked-up son? LOL! Ahhhhhh, family.

This is another Manny post. I wasn’t going to post about him anymore, since I really don’t want to have much to do with him, but I decided to share this with y’all. Click here for a recap.

Over the weekend, I received two letters from Manny.

They made me think of how horrible life in prison is. If I wasn’t already on the right path, his letters would have quickly steered me there. If you know anyone that is leaning towards the criminal lifestyle..........tell them about this. Tell them about how prison is about the reduction of a person. Tell them how it’s about loosing just about every right you have. Some you didn’t even know were important to you.


1. Right to be healthy.
So, the first letter made my skin crawl. I threw it away so I will have to para-phrase. It starts off..........


“HEY SWEETIE. I’M HAVING A REALLY BAD DAY. THEY HAVE ME UP HERE WITH AN OUTBREAK MONKEY. MY CELL MATE HAD BEEN SICK FOR WEEKS. HE KEPT ASKING FOR A MED-SLIP TO REQUEST A TRIP TO THE INFIRMARY. EVERYTIME HE ASKED THE GUARDS FOR ONE THOUGH, THEY SAID THEY WERE “ALL OUT”. I GAVE HIM A PIECE OF MY PAPER, AND TOLD HIM TO WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING THAT’S WRONG WITH HIM – THEN HAND IT IN TO THE WARDEN. WELL NIC…HE DID, AND TWO DAYS LATER THEY PULLED HIM OUT OF HERE. THE MEN THAT TOOK HIM AWAY HAD ON FULL BODY DISPOSABLE SUITS. LATER ON THAT DAY THEY GOT ON THE INTER-COM AND TOLD ME TO TALE OFF EVERYTHING INCLUDING MY UNDERWEAR. I WOULD BE LEAVING THAT CELL. I ASKED THEM WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY CELLIE, BUT THEY WOULD NOT TELL ME. MAMI, I DON’T KNOW IF THE BOY HAD SCABIES, TB, OR HEPATITIS. THIS NI**A HAD TO BE CONTAGIOUS OR SOMETHING FOR THEM TO MAKE ME LEAVE ALL OF MY STUFF BEHIND. IF SOMETHING SHOULD HAPPEN TO ME THE BOY’S NAME IS RAYMOND ********* AND HIS INMATE NUMBER IS ********.”

Sorry about all of the caps, but that’s how he writes. People…..that was the first of a four page letter. I did not even finish the rest of the letter. Those of you who have been reading this blog for a long time might remember that one of the only things I am scared of on this earth are mold…. bacteria and germs. That’s right folks. I am a serious germ-a-phobe. So you can imagine my horror, as I’m sitting at my kitchen table (WHERE I EAT!!!!) reading this possibly contaminated letter.
I got right the fuck up and threw it in the trash, along with the envelope. Dude............... send that kind of stuff to your lawyer.......or a HAZMAT team. I’m itching just thinking about it. Anyhoooooo, I got up and washed my hands off…..TWICE! Then I went about the task of sterilizing everything in the kitchen. Bet he didn’t think there was a possibility he’d turn into this while in prison.

2. Right to keep friends.
Oooh! He just don’t know!............I was soooooo pissed that he sent me that germy letter. Words can’t explain how grossed out, and upset I was. I had to just keep reminding myself that he didn’t mean to put me in harms way. He’s just probably scared and lonely. But really!!!!!! I DON’T WANT TO READ THAT SHIT!!!!! I always said that if a friend of mine, or a family member were to get locked up, I would not write or visit. I’ve just always been like that. With him, I tried to hang in there, but I’m quickly loosing all motivation.

3. Right not to be bored!
On Sunday I decided to check the mail box again. (Checking for a letter from the PPD). What did I see?!?!?!?!? Another letter from the jail bird.
After holding it up to the sun and thinking things over, I opened it. I only did it because I saw something that looked like stationary heading through the envelope. I wanted to make sure that it wasn’t a letter saying

“I’m in the infirmary...............dying”

Not wanting to take any chances I put on a pair of disposable gloves and went outside with the letter. And do you know what it was?
This fool sent me a written out list of his top 100 favorite songs. They were all slow jams. At the top of the list he wrote....

“SAVE THIS FOR ME!”


He has to be bored out of his mind to do this, and then to send it to me thinking I give a damn. He must really be losing his mind up there. What a way to go. Guess he should have been thinking bout that instead of breaking the law.

So, for anyone who thinks that their tough and that jail would be a piece of cake because they can hold their own in a fight…..think again. There are other factors to take into consideration.

I hope I did'nt offend anyone who might have spent time in jail or prison. Just wanted to share this story with you. Consider it my PSA. Hope this motivates people to stay on the right path and out of jail. It motivated me!


Peace.

11 comments:

anonymousnupe said...

It's proly on your site somewhere, but please humor a newbie to your site: How is it that you know and vibe with this dude in the first place? Are you performing community service or penance or something?

Nic said...

Hey snupe,

LOL @ penance. No, just a friend that got locked up for being an idiot. I went back and added a link to the post that describes how I know him. He was kind of like a brother to me. He got locked up a lil' while ago, and there was this whole big thing with his daughter. That's it in a nutshell, but you can go back and read it if you want. I put the link in the 2nd paragraph.

Nic said...

Also....check the blogroll :)

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Um...yeah...that ain't no damn joke. I'd have been tight too knowing he sent me a letter under those circumstances--(I mean...I know he wanted somebody to know about it and all but DAYUM).

I feel the same way about germs and prisons. **NO HEEBEE JEEBIES PLEASE**!!

Girl...lemme go wash my daggone hands.

anonymousnupe said...

Nic, you just alright wit me, man.

Now I remember reading some of that about your boy, but pieces were still missing. Thanks for filling in the blanks.

But by the grace of God, he would be me.

Nic said...

@ ms. behaving,
Yeah, and I was just starting to feel bad because I haven't accepted a call or written to him for about a month now.
Then he goes and does this ish.

Now I'm about to break my little code of silence, to curse him out.

Picture my azz driving all the way up there to curse him out.........standing 20 feet away from him ....with some scuba gear on. That's right. I do not want to even breath that air.

And now it's like, even when he gets out I don't really want to talk to him.

He's CONTAMINATED. And don't even get me started on the men with men thing.YOU already know how I feel. I'm not in the least homophobic, it's just that prison is not the best place to be "taking lovers" Kiss on the cheek? "No thank you" LOL!

JustMeWriting said...

LOL....GURLLLL! I WAS CRACKING UP...AND THAT'S SOOOOO WRONG. If you EVER talk about that poor man like that again here...LOL. DAG, a list of his top 100?!?!?!?!

They crack me up when they get creative...LOL; like making holiday cards using home-made...I mean jail-made finger-paints; so talented. EVERY male in my family has been in and out of jail, so I've got tons of "because I'm bored" cards and letters.

It's really a shame how they put themselves in these situations.

Sugar said...

His ONE HUNDRED favorite songs????! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Damn! Now, he's got it bad up in the can doesn't he? Lord have mercy, my neighbors are going to shoot through the walls I'm laughing so loud at this late hour. Gosh, that was a good laugh. Good night!

Ms. Confessions said...

Since you grace me with such great comments. I had to hit you with....

I was attacked and now so are you! TAG!!!

Miz JJ said...

He is going through a tough time. Write him if you can. It must be lonely in there.

*Tanyetta* said...

he is dying! damn. i feel sorry for him but, don't send him my address, you can have the cootie letters. LOL

omg i'm so bad.