Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ewwwwww!!!!!!!, Exit Stage Left.




Time for an update on the jailbird. As some of you may already know I have a friend/associate/fake-brotha' that is currently locked up for selling. If you’re not familiar with the story click here & here. A lot has happened since I’ve last written about Manny. I’m still not comfortable with the way things turned out, but I figured I owed y’all an update, so here it goes.

I never told Manny that I saw his daughter looking less then “girlie”. We talked on the phone a bunch of times and he sent a few letters, but I never told him. I read everyone’s comments regarding this issue. For the most part I agreed with y’all. I would want to know if my daughter were being mistreated too. The reasons I kept my mouth shut were…………

1. I felt like I needed to get some proof before I just started blabbing. It might have been a rare isolated incident. Kids get dirty sometimes, and maybe she had had a long day.

2. Manny is (for lack of a better word) crazy. With his personality, I could easily envision him losing it up in jail. He has a very bad……well that’s not a good word for it…..NASTY temper. He gets emotional, quickly. Not that “lets talk it out” emotional either. That “I’m gonna’ kill anyone who even ask me what’s wrong” emotional. Arguing, fighting, stabbing……. These things and more never bothered him while he was a free man. And unfortunately from what I’ve been reading in his letters & what he’s been telling me over the phone, nothing’s changed. I didn’t want him to lose it while in prison. That would have definitely put more time on his bid.


During all of this with Kay-Kay, I was busy planning and executing my move, so in all honesty I didn’t devote as much time to her as I should have. At one point early on, I did ask him for Dawns number & told him to let her know that I would be calling.

I didn’t use the number like I had planned. Instead (and yes I know it’s rude) I started to just pop by. Dawn lives kind of close to my mothers’ house so it wasn’t really hard to do. I just wanted to see how they kept Kay-Kay on an average day. Maybe the night I saw her had been a particularly hectic one.
Unfortunately, every time I went over there, nobody was home. I started to feel like a stalker. Always out there on the porch, ringing bells and discretely peeking through windows. It was frustrating. I wanted to call, but by then I had lost/packed up the paper with her phone number on it.

Between taking the test for the sheriffs department, the police dept., moving, taking care of moms, counseling sis, re-connecting (a lil’) with my dad, work. etc, etc, I was overwhelmed and tired. I know it sounds bad, but I kind of forgot about Kay-Kay.


Weeks later……….
I received a couple of letters from Manny. The first was cool. Just basic blah-blah-blah stuff. The second one started off alright, but then he got a little “too familiar”. He expressed concern that I was moving back into my mother’s house. He wrote that he didn’t like the fact that I had to budget my money. Then, and this is where things started to get yucky for me, he wrote that he wants to take care of me when he gets out. HUH?!?! At this point I’m thinking “NOT WITH YOUR SAVED UP DRUG MONEY BUDDY!” But I stopped focusing on that as I read the next few paragraphs. I don’t know what was going on in his head, but ewwwww!!!!! The things he wrote were just straight up gross. I don’t care that he was locked up when he wrote it to me. I don’t care that he hasn’t been with a woman in close to a year. The things that he said he wanted to do with me completely turned my stomach. That note…ughuckk! Talkin’ bout’ wanting to kiss me, and screw me 6 ways from Sunday. He should be ashamed of himself! Regardless of if these feelings were always there (for him)…..he should have kept them to himself. I have NEVER, EVER been interested in him sexually/physically/romantically. If anything, I always looked at him as a big brother. I can’t tell you how disgusted I was. I actually didn’t even finish reading the letter. There was no way I could - without a CSI blue light to detect if any biological fluids had come into contact with the paper. I put it down and never picked it back up!

Later on that week, I got a call from him. He told me he was in Philadelphia. He had been transferred to one of the prisons in our area, because he had a new court date/trial. We talked for a little while. He told me that he would be able to call me more often, *insert sarcastic, half assedYay!”* I told him that I went to Dawns house a few times to see his daughter, but never had any luck. He gave me Dawns’ number again, but told me that the phones over there were out anyway. He said that he had been trying to call for a while. We spoke about Kay-Kay, and he asked me if I had gotten his letters. I kinda’ mumbled an answer. He said that the last time he spoke to Dawn she’d mentioned that the mother was still in rehab, but that she had come to take Kay-Kay with her. Manny suspected that it was another scam of hers - aimed at getting free housing. I told him that I would try to check in again, so that I could get the full story. The automated voice came on to tell us that we had 15 more seconds, so we said our goodbyes.
(Thank g-d he didn’t say anything gross during that conversation).

As soon as we got off of the phone I drove around to see if I could catch Dawn. Big surprise ….. she wasn’t there. The next day after work, I stopped by again. There were a few older kids on the porch. I introduced myself as Manny's’ friend, and asked if Dawn was in. Miracle of miracles she was actually in.
We talked for a while. I told her that Manny had been trying to get in touch with her to check on his child. Specifically, to find out whether or not the mother had taken her to the rehabilitation center to live with her. Dawn explained that, yes

“Kay-Kay is staying with her mother during the weekdays, and Mans sister is keeping her on the weekends. Her mother is keeping Kay-Kay to help her get a home through some type of welfare program.”


For the most part Dawn doesn’t even watch Kay any more. I asked if there was anything that I could do. And she said no. She asked me how Manny was doing. I told her that he was fine, but that he just missed his daughter. I asked her if there was another number that I could give Manny and she gave me her cell number. I gave her my number in return, and thanked her for coming out to meet me. She seemed like a nice person. ( I felt like such a social worker). The inside of the house was cool. She doesn’t even really watch Kay that much any more, and there’s nothing I can really do, but pray.

The stress of worrying about someone else’s child, and trying to digest the fact that my one-time play big brother is now using my image when he “rubs one out”, is just too much for me right now. I relayed all of the vital information to Manny, and that was that.
I am taking this opportunity to exit the whole situation.



Peace


8 comments:

Miss Snarky Pants said...

DAYUUMM...
I had to play a lil' catch up since I was unfamiliar with this whole scenario but again....DAYUUMM.

Sounds like Manny might be tryna catch a coupla feelings'

Let's just hope--NO WAIT PRAY--that their temporary ones. You know, like the ones brothas on lockdown be catchin when they're getting a lil' homesick. Those spur of the moment--moments when they are overcome by that urge to reach out and touch something...hell anything.

Girl...I done been down that rode and UM... H-A-T-E-D IT!!

Sounds to me like you're doing the right thing in removing yourself from the situation **but don't tell Manny i said so--LOL-- [wouldn't want him unleashin' his crazy up on me]!.

chokkklitsoul said...

I am cracking up at the CSI blueprint comment. That is hilarious!!! Anyways, I am praying lil momma is safe. About Manny, he wants you!!! he has probably felt that way a long time but prison has a way of bringing stuff out!!!! :) (evil laugh)

I thought I would come by and say hey to you before I leave on my trip!

Chokkkk

Nic said...

@ ms. behaving, the whole thing is just so gross to me. I mean besides the fact that he is/was/used to be like a brother to me; he's a felon, he has a child by a crazy woman, he smokes, physically he's not my cup of tea, & he'll never stop sellin' no matter what I say. I could never ever entertain the thought of him (throwing up in my mouth) inside of me. Sorry to get so nasty this early in the day but.............. HE IS NOT MY THURGOOD!!

Nic said...

@ chokkk, OMG!!! I left you a comment on your blog!!!!!
Also I am praying for that lil' girl too. I just couldn't stay around all of that. Plus I didn't want him rollin' up at my momma's door like Snoop-Dog did in that movie "Baby-Boy". You remember that movie.

Ray said...

TAG YOU ARE IT!!! LOL DO IT TO IT.

Your request will be played and actually, I will be visiting both B-More and Philly in early August...

The Humanity Critic said...

At the end of the day, I would have handled it exactly the way you did. Peace.

Humanity F Critic aka "Gordon Gartrell"

JustMeWriting said...

you know what...I was going to ask if he liked you or if you guys had ever dealt..you know how they are in jail...they've got to set up a girlfriend to come home to. LOL...I'm just sorry it was you...but I guess he feels like...you're so dependable...and he can count on you so he might as well lay you down...AHAHAHAH...

Nic said...

@ Ray, TAGGED! WHA??? you son of a gun....You wern't supposed to tag me. I thought we were cool. LOL!
Yay! you're coming back to philly!! GOOD. We missed you.

@ the humanity critic, Hmmm, that is a very interesting blog title. I might have to pop over to see what you're writing about ;)


@ JMW. Ewwwwwwwww!!! Girl I just can't describe how much I'm not in any way attracted to dude. So no. We never "kicked it". But yeah, I feel you on that whole "set up" thing. Like he's somewhere showin' the warden my letters saying...

"Look boss! You can release me. I won't get in any trouble cause I got Nic to go home to!"

Oh nasty day. "BOSS" I crack myself up.