Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Eliminating the Bulls***!



Ahhh! This weekend was lovely. Friday, while I was leaving work I received a text message from the Toni Childs of my life, (JMW , you already know who I'm referring to. lol!). That’s right my Ex-best friend sent me a text that read …..

“Hey, how are you? I haven’t heard from you in a while. I miss you. What are you doing today? I want to see you.”

Ha! I was cracking the heck up when I read that crap because I was/am still in the this mindset .
Anyway, being the lady that I am I responded with…

“I’m fine, how’s ‘A jr.’ ?”

She wrote back that he was good, and I was cool with that. I threw my phone into my purse and ran to the parking garage. Hopped in my car and made a break for it. During the ride home I heard my phone go off a couple of times, but I wanted to concentrate on driving, so I ignored it. I drove to my mothers’ neighborhood to check in on her. (Same thing I do just about everyday.)

*Side note – I don’t ever think I’m going to stop being a sucka’ for my mom, but that’s another post.*

Anyway, as I’m pulling in to moms’ driveway who do you think I see out of the corner of my eye? That’s right Toni Childs. Staring right at me! Uggh! Do you think I turned down my music, or slowed the car down to wave? F*** no. I kept right on driving, blasting my Latin music and singing along like I knew Spanish. I parked my car, and went in to my mothers’ house leaving her on her aunts’ porch.

I’m inside for about 20 minutes when I get another text message from her. It read…..

“Hey, are you next-door?”

At this point I’m thinking “B**** you know I am. Who else is gonna’ park my car in my mothers driveway?” Did I communicate this with her? No. In fact, I didn’t do anything. I didn’t respond. Instead I finished checking up on my mom. When I was done with my mother I went outside and talked to a friend on the phone, while I cleaned out my car.

So I’m outside, right next door to this broad, chit-chatting and laughing. I’m just about to pull off when I get a call on the other line. It’s her. I probably should have just ignored the call like she’d been ignoring me for that ass of a babies' daddy, but curiosity got the best of me, so I clicked over. She asked me again if I was next door and I said “Yeah, I’m in the drive-way.” There was an awkward 5 sec silence. And then she said “Oh, well I haven’t seen you in a while…..” I said “oh well I’m out here if you wanna’ come over.” So she comes over….holding the little one. He looked adorable, and I was happy to see him as always. We walked over to her aunts’ porch. There were a heap of people going in and out of the house, because her aunt was selling dinners. I spoke to everyone, her mom, aunts and uncles. Since I go to my mothers’ house almost every day, I see them (moms’ neighbors) a lot, and I didn’t feel awkward. But then “A”, the assumed babies’ daddy, came out. And oh did this Negro put on a show.
First he comes out and kisses her and the baby on the forehead. Then he goes on to say,

“Damn stranger…where you been? I haven’t seen you in a while. WHY?”

I looked at him, and then at her. She was looking at the ground. So at this point I’m laughing in my head like, “Damn, he still got her rapped around his finger huh?” Instead, I said,

“Well, you’d have to ask her about that.”

Then he says.


“Well, regardless of what you two are going through, you could still come through to see your nephew.”

At this point I’m actually laughing out loud, and looking right at her. Even though were not tight anymore, she still knows me. So I’m sure that she picked up on my “ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!!!” face.

I said, “Yeah, your right.” He continues to say that I should come around more, and that it’s good to see me. Now at this point I could’ve said something like “Wow…This is a big change from a year ago when you were screaming at her, and demanding that she abort ‘it’.” Instead, I just laughed and said bye as he walked down the steps. My reasons for not saying anything more to him were
1. I’m still not 100% sure that she didn’t make up a lot of the negative stories about him to gain attention.
2. She still has to deal with him and I don’t want “A. jr.” to suffer b/c of drama I started.
3. It’s a waste of my time.


We talk for a little while after that, but it was pointless. She kept playing stupid. Bringing up bullshit topics to talk about, just skirting around the fact that we haven’t spoken in months. It’s at this point that I tell her that I have to leave. As I start to leave she says “Call me later”. I just gave her 2 fingers and laughed as I walked to my car. I didn’t call her that night. I didn’t answer the phone when she called me the next day. Or the day after that. I ignored all of her text messages. And I don’t plan on contacting her any time soon. I know some of my more rowdy readers might think that I should have cursed her out for being such an skank b**** in the past, but I don’t even think she’s worth it.
You’re probably wondering why I even answered the phone in the first place or talked to her while we were outside. Well honestly I just wanted to see if I the friendship was truly over.

It is.

I mean I’ll still show love to the baby. I’ll even speak, but I know that I could never trust her again. I’ll never go out of my way to look out for her again. We won’t be hanging out on the block of gossiping on the phone ever again. I’ll never mail a pack of Kool-Aid to her again, just for the sake of being silly. She is who she is. And that’s fine. I’m content with that knowledge, and the fact that I don’t have to be around her. If she’s been feeling lonely……well that’s what she gets. I’ve washed my hands of her.


In other news,

I got to curse out the king roach. Sean called me at 5:30am Saturday morning. From…….(you guessed it folks) his mommas’ house. Ha!
Ya’ll know I followed your advice and cursed him out royally. I told him to "stop calling my f***ing house" and while he was at it to "get a f***in’ life". I called him a "phone stalker", he called me a "bitch". I said “yeah I know, and you can kiss this bitches brown ass”. I was really cranky and sleepy, so I can’t recall every thing I said to him, but some phrases that stand out are; “Drink bleach"….. "I wouldn’t even let you eat my ass"…… and "Get it through your thick ass skull that I could never be interested in your pathetic, beggin’, ass.” To top everything off, I finished with

“You better not never, no matter the weather, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, call or come around me no more." Click!



I slept like a baby.

5 comments:

JustMeWriting said...

OOOOOHHHHHH....I'M SO PROUD OF YOU....LOL. and THANK YOU FOR CRACKING ME THE HECK UP! That's my sister girl...that's what I'm talking about; 'what about your friends'...if the fake, two faced, unsupportive of you, selfish, sneaky, backstabbing, or STUPID they've GOT to go. Remove them from your circle...tell Toni Childs to save the drama for her...(you know the rest) lol.

LOL @ KING ROACH, Ok...now both these stories touch my life in more ways then one...1) You already know I've had some fake/shady friends I've had to get rid of, but even the A jr rings some sort of bell (probably the name of my ex's new baby...HUM) lol. Secondly...my ex's name is Sean (YOU FOLLOWING ME GIRL) LOL. But that whole scene between you and the king roach was like Robin on Waiting to Exhale when she FINALLY cussed dude out (the one who stole her wallet) and he called her a 'B'. then he threw an orange at her...LOL.

Girl that was too funny...and I'm glad you've brushed that DIRT off your shoulder. I'm not radical or hateful...in fact I'm a peace-loving gentle women, but when enough is enough and people will take advantage of you if you let them...they'll steal your joy and drain your energy and when that happens it's time to go.

dc_speaks said...

hey girl, I have one word for you: BREATHE.

Sugar said...

Doesn't it feel great when you've flipped it on someone who has given you their rump to kiss?! Gosh, that's a great feeling. Relish in it girl.

dcsavvystar said...

girl. this is too much! lol - i am cracking up over here - especially the ending!

Nic said...

@ JMW,
Aren't you glad you hung in there with me? I told you I would probably be going through some drama soon. I'm glad I could make you laugh :)

And about those coincidences .....girl, that's too weird. God bless you if we're talkin' about the same Sean. Lol!
Yeah, that Waiting to Exhale scene was hilarious. Remember the dramatic music they were playing in that scene? Too funny. As for my own experience....I WISH I could've thrown an orange at him through the phone. Alas, only in my dreams.

Also I understand what you mean. I'm sure you can tell that I'm not a mean spirited person either, but a person can only take so much. Messing with my sleep is a BIG no-no.


@ DCspeaks,
Hey, yeah I did kinda’ explode on ole’ boy… but he had it coming ;) I feel so much better now though.


@ Sugar,
Yes it does. I’m so happy to be done with her. I can just leave all of her negativity behind and focus on keeping my life positive. I feel so refreshed.

@ DCsavvy.
Hey girl. Yeah, I think I was probably smiling in my sleep. I hope that verbal spray of “Raid” keeps him away forever.



Peace