Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm Getting Married Ya'll!...One Day.



(5/16/07 - GALVESTON, TX) - A 19-year-old has been charged with injury to a child after police say his 2-month-old daughter was burned when he placed her in a microwave. Investigators believe the child was in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

Has anyone ever put a raw egg in the microwave? I did when I was a child, and it made a big …huge… mess. But I was a child, and it was just an egg. I wasn’t trying to hurt anything. I was just trying to boil it real quick cause I couldn’t wait for water to come to a boil on the stove. My point is, I don't want to imagine what would happen to a baby in a microwave.

The mother/wife said that she will not be divorcing him. She will honor the vows she made before the lord.

Now, I understand that God ain’t nothin' to mess with, but darnit, I think he would understand this particular divorce. I mean damn boo-boo! Are you that desperate for a man that you would you stay with a sociopath? Is being married the end all & be all? I don’t know, but I don't think so.

Anyway, this week while I was talking to my smut-buddie, he let me know that he wanted to have a baby with me. A little girl to be exact. He didn’t mention marriage at all, but you know what!?!?!?!?! That’s alright! This is just another reminder of why we broke up in the first place. He’s unorganized, and backwards.


Do I want to get married one day? Heck yeah! Until I find the right one though….I will be married to myself. Desperation and I, don’t mix. And anyway, I’m content with my life at this point. I don’t really want to make any new male friends because, while I’m sure there are some nice ones out there,…I don’t really have the time or energy to sort through the man-mound. Can you imagine me...sitting infront of a dude....judging whether or not he has the potential to throw a baby in the microwave?

Yesterday after work I went to the mall. I originally just went to get some cute panties and bras, but I ended up going into a little store and buying myself an engagement ring. It wasn't expensive, but the amount of money isn’t really important to me. It’s what this ring represents. It reminds me to always love myself first. The rest will come eventually.



Sorry for the poor quality of this picture. I'm using a Sprint camera-phone. But it really is cute in person though. I'm just amazed I figured out how to get the darn picture up here in the first place. Your girl Nic isn't the most technically savvy, lol!

Also, it will keep the riff-raff away. I’ll take it off when I’m serious about finding that special someone. In the mean time I can’t be bothered.




Peace,
And Have a Great Holiday Weekend Ya’ll!






15 comments:

dc_speaks said...

the story was absolutely horrific. I hadn't heard of that. the dumb stuff people do is seriously beyond me.
yayyyyyyyy...shes getting married!!!"one day."
lucky guy in the future. great post topic and don't be afaid to fall in love with yourself.

Peace and love, lil lady!

Nic said...

Hey DC,

Yes, isn't that the craziest thing you've ever heard. It's like straight out if a horror film. I just feel so bad for the baby. She didn't ask to be born to those people. I don't know how much jail time he's going to get, but I hope they keep him forever. People who try to hurt/kill innocent defenseless children shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets. He also needs to be sterilized to prevent them him from having anymore children.

Anyway, as always...thanks for stopping by.

Peace

chokkklitsoul said...

I cant believe people. Poor baby...can you imagine that shit? Somebody should have burned his arse!!!

I am in total agreement with loving yourself!!!! nice blingage!!!
enjoy your weekend!!

Nic said...

@ Chokkk
Yeah, unbelievable. The man said that his baby had been burned in the hotel room when he tripped while carrying a pot of hot water to make coffee.
What a monster.

And about the "blingage" (I like that word), girl you know I got it from Claires'.

JustMeWriting said...

OK... before I digest the story...I'm LOL (ING) at you asking yourself to marry you...and I was just going to take myself on a date then go home for relations...LOL (just kidding folks) girl, I'm going to miss laughing with you over this long weekend.

NOW, the reason lil miss is married to a loon like that is because she OBVIOUSLY didn't talk to GOD BEFORE she married this nut...so she needs not try to pay homage to Him NOW..

Nic said...

@ jmw,
Ha! I'm negotiating over the pre-nup right now. It's a battle of wills. LOL! Seriously though, the day I post about going to "Davids' Bridal" send help.

Lola Gets said...

You should have purchased the "O Ring" made popular and worn by Oprah Winfrey (& her pals). According to an article I read a loooong time ago, the "O Ring" is a circle of diamonds worn on the pinky finger, and is meant for mature, "together" women, who dont need to wait for a man to give them the diamonds they so richly deserve!
LOL

Glad to see you made your own version of that!

When I go out to special events, I wear my grandmothers engagement ring on my ring finger. It really keeps men from talking to me - but I think thats because its 5.5 carats! They must be thinking "if her man can buy her that ring, then she dont need nobody else."
LOL

L

Unknown said...

I read that article at work...and was really disturbed by all of it.

I find that having a ring on that finger brings even more riff raff my way. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I'm hit on BECAUSE OF my promise ring. It's really annoying and quite pathetic.

Either way, your ring is still really pretty and hopefully the guys your way will respect what the ring represents...

Admin said...

Hello, your blog is great. I would love for you to join our blog community at http://www.NeoSemantics.com
please send me an email at info@noesemantics.com and I will email you details

thanks
Boogie-Lee Jankins

Sugar said...

Putting babies in the microwave must be the new thing!!!! Oh, the horror. Last year a woman put her baby in the microwave and the poor baby had INTERNAL burns!!! I've heard one or two more similar stories. I guess all the crazies just hear something and then decide to try it.

Now, as for the foolish wife deciding to stay with him...they need to lock her ass up too!

Congrats on the engagement! (LOL) You've got a lot of heart my sister! I've heard of women wearing fake rings to keep the idiots away. Might not be such a bad idea, but at 30, I'd be too afraid I'd scare a good one off! You've got some time to mess around. lololol

Ray said...

New to your blog, I am actually looking to relocate to Philly in afew months, so I am networking in any and every way I could. Please feel free to stop by my spot, I shall make you a regular.

But get at me:

Nic said...

@ Lola,
Dang girl. This is the first comment I’ve received from you in forever, I missed you :) I never knew Oprah had a ring like that. Shoot…if I had Oprah money, you’d best believe I’d have a diamond “O” ring too. Along with a “P”, “Q”, “R”, & “S” ring.
5.5 though?!?!? Damn I’d be scared to wear a ring that big. Ballin’! lol! I mean if someone gave me $20 and told me to keep it in my hand all day; I’d still be checking that like every 30 minutes. Lol!


@ Black Mamba,
Ewww, do they use it as a conversation piece or something. Talk about desperate. Some men won’t quit. I remember I used to tell older/trifflin’ men I was underage to discourage them. I quickly found out that that isn’t a deterrent either. I hope this ring work for me.


@ Editor Boogie-Lee,
Hi, thanks for visiting, and thanks for the invitation. I will definitely check it out.


@ Sugar,
Yeah, I feel you. This is just more proof that the crazies like to watch the news. I remember a few years back when some girl in Philly got; beaten, raped, choked to death, cut up, partially fed to a dog, and burned. For like a year after that, girls were getting it ^ left n right. I swear it’s like the news puts out the info and all the crazies just followed the blue-print. Oh, but internal burns. I can’t even imagine.


@ Ray,
Ahh, fresh meat. LOL! Just kidding. Thanks for checking out my blog, and I think Philly is a great choice. You’ll love it. Where are you coming from? If you get a chance check out http://justmewriting-justmewriting.blogspot.com/
She’s from Philadelphia also.


Peace

Unknown said...

It's not so much a conversation piece as it is a challenge to the guys. Many just want to see if they can "get me" so to speak.

Truthfully, I no longer go out unless D is by my side. THAT and only that seems to keep others at bay.

JustMeWriting said...

WELL I WISH YOU'D HURRY UP AND GET MARRIED SO YOU CAN PUT A NEW POST UP...GEESH...LOL.

Miz JJ said...

What the fuck? Hell no. These women are letting their children get abused. She should have her parental rights revoked. You can choose to stay in that mess, but you should not be allowed to subject your child to that.