Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy n' Healthy

I am so tired. I've been working out a lot at the gym. Nothing too strenuous. I’m just trying to build up some stamina. Currently, I’m 143 pounds and 5'6". I would love to drop maybe 5-8 pounds, but I won't be destroyed if I don't. I know that when you gain muscle you can also gain weight, and I'm okay with that. You know what type of body I would love to have? Jennifer Gardners’, ala Alias. I think she's so pretty. Neither one of us are heavy up top either, ha-ha! But still she has a nice shape to her. She looks strong and centered, but not too diesel. I don’t want to look like I just stepped out of the old school "American Gladiators" TV show.

Anyone know how many laps around a track equal a mile and a half? I'm tired of the treadmill. Well actually, I shouldn't say that. It's not the treadmill. It's the fact that every time I jump on a treadmill, no matter how far I distance myself from the other people; someone has to get on the one right next to me. WHY???? It just irks me. I don't like to feel crowded for no good reason. Can I breathe? Shoot!

Yesterday, while I was working out I noticed that there was a woman working with a personal trainer in front of me. She was a very large woman. It was the first time I've seen her at the gym. In a day where people sometimes cheat and get gastric bypasses to lose weight, I was glad to see that she was making an effort to put in time at the gym. Even though she was complaining to the trainer about everything, LOL! I know 2 people who have had that surgery and the thought of it is so scary to me.

At this point I work out so that I can keep eating what I want. Eventually that’s going to have to stop though, because the crap I like to eat can’t be good for my heart. I think that I'll take the day off today (from the gym). I don't want to over-do it. I just sneezed and the pain in my stomach tells me I've done too many sit ups. Now, if I could figure out how to download music to my cell...I'd be good! If I could get free music I'd be great! All the music in the gym puts me to sleep.




Peace

17 comments:

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Girl...I applaud you for having the willpower to go to a gym.

I'm one of those who sits back just expecting the pounds to drop while I do absolutely nothing other than eat all the foods I know are not helping me one damn bit while wondering how the hell I keep putting on weight.

SIGH

So whadayathink?? Wanna trade bodies?? [LOL]

Nic said...

@ ms. b,
I was going three times a week, but ole' boy threw me off, haha!
Now that I'm no longer dickmatized I see that...I got to run off that rat!

Sheletha said...

i think it is six times around the track for a mile in a half...

I aint no Carl Lewis...Sherri Shepard maybe...not carl

Nic said...

@ sheletha,
Thanks girl I was thinking it was about that much after someone said one lap was like 420 meters, but I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo didn't want to believe that, LOL!
I don't know if I can do that in 15 minutes, but I'm gonna try.

Unknown said...

Applauding your workouts! I just recently went back to the gym, with D since I have NO motivation to stay and he makes me workout at least 30 min. Been doing the bike, but it is boring as all hell...even with an IPOD.

I can't stand people sitting next to me either, having to listen to their breathing and groans, the stench of their BO...blech!! So I blast techno and hope they go away, lol.

Yesterday I couldN't stand the thought of the gym, so we pulled out our bikes and rode to his dads house. I thought it'd be easy, but boy did it KICK MY ARSE! I liked it better, though, more to keep my interest.

Anyway, working out sucks, but it's healthy...I guess. Good for you for getting to the gym!

Keelah said...

Kudos, on being health conscious. I LOVE to hear posts like these! And you are not alone...in my gym days-many moons ago...I used to get near the wall so that if someone did get next to me...there would only be one person near me. I value personal space too!

Sugar said...

Keep at it girl! There aren't enough of "us" who workout as it is! I'd like to lose about another 8 pounds myself. I've been doing very well at working out too. I'm going to go home and do my own Pilates workout this evening. I need to switch it up.

I look at exercise as a necessary part of my routine in life. Sort of the way I wouldn't stop brushing my teeth. lol

anonymousnupe said...

That's right! You have to get through 1.5 miles within a certain time to be Po-Po, don't you?! Sheletha's correct, it's six laps on a 400 meter track. How long before you take the test? A really good workout to look at is one by "Dr. Speed." See it/him at http://www.bestlifeonline.com/cms/publish/health-fitness/Dr_Speed.shtml. It's important to work on your core, too, 'cause that's where solid running springs from. YOU CAN DO IT! 15 minutes is really an eternity for something like this.

Organized Noise said...

5'6", 143 . . . nice

And as far as your question, it depends on how big your track is. On a 400 meter track a mile and a half is a little less than 7 laps. On a 440 meter track a mile and a half is exactly 6 laps.

Nic said...

@ black mamba,
Yay! I’m not the only one suffering at the gym :) I have the LG Fusic phone, but I haven’t figured out how to get music on there. I refuse to pay for the tunes through Sprint. I really don’t know why some people can’t just run on their own. We are not a school of fish people!

@ keelah,
Yesterday, I jumped on the second to last one. The gym was pretty deserted. No sooner did I get in the groove did two girls get on either side of me. Like they wanted to have a speed-walk battle LOL!

@ sugarthagirl,
Yay! Another work out buddy. If I could get this old tape out of my VCR, I could do something at home too. Really don’t feel like taking that ancient thing apart again, but it would be great not to have to drive all the way out there. “wouldn't stop brushing my teeth.” Hahahaha! This is true girl!


@ anonymousnupe,
Hey, well I haven’t received a letter telling me to take the physical yet. I just got the letter saying that I passed the written two weeks ago. I don’t know if they will or not, or when they will, but I just want to be ready if they do. Cause lil’ mama ain’t the best runner. LOL! Sittin’ in the office under the A.C. has made me lazy :) Thanks for the recommendation.

@ organized noise,
Thanks ;) Which lane should I get in? I’m hoping that you say the inside, but with my luck it’s 7 laps on the outside.

Infamous JP said...

Nic,

I don't mind the people coming next to me on the treadmill. I'm pretty sure they'd rather run alone too and I don't look to intimidating when I'm running. What I can't stand is the guy that believes you can't really have a good workout unless you go without washing their gym clothes, their body or putting deodorant on for an entire week.

Organized Noise said...

That would be the inside of the track.

Trenting said...

6 times around lady
I've been tryin' to walk 5 miles a day that has turned into 4 sometimes 3 and I got this tae bo tape, now that's another story I do that first thing in the a.m. when no one is my house is awake, don't wanna hear them tryin' not to laugh as i shake my groove thang.. lol..

Nic said...

@ infamous jp,
Where is this guy????? You want me to hit him with a bat? LOL! Just kidding. Seriously though, why do people do that? Then they don't even want to wipe their sweat off of the equipment.

@ organized noise,
Yay! You’re my hero! I'm going to go to a track this Sunday and see where I'm at with time.

@ trenting,
Hey! 5 miles a day......DAYUM! I'm just trying to meet the minimum requirements right now. Maybe one day I’ll get up to 5 ........naw can't see that happening ever, hahaha!

Shai said...

5'6" and 143. Gurl, I am the same height and I would look like a stick. LOL. Depending on a person's shape regardless of height weight looks different.

1969 said...

4 laps equal a mile. 6 times around for a mile and a half.

I am in Philly too..... :)

First time here, I will be back.

*Tanyetta* said...

great job momma!!!!!