Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"Give them nothing, but take from them - everything"


That ^ is the most famous line from the movie "300". If you haven't seen it, check it out. It’s great! Anyway this post isn't about a movie. It's about guarding your feelings, and protecting yourself against two faced people. Namely, Ex-friends.

Now if you are new to my blog, you probably don’t know about the drama with my ex-best-friend “T”. So here’s the background info. She and I were best friends for around 10 years. Complete opposites, but complementary. She recently trapped a man with a baby, but isn’t actually sure if it’s his, or the random dude she fucked at work. Because “A” (the supposed babies’ father) was all but married to another women, they went through all the ghetto drama you could ever imagine. I stood by her for more then 9 months while they were going through it. And when everything eventually settled, and she was content that she had the man that she wanted, I was basically left out in the cold. When I realized how manipulative she was, I stepped out of the picture completely. Since then, she has made a few attempts to draw me back into her world. But I’m not having it.

This Thursday she called me and asked me to come outside so that I could see her and the baby (her aunt lives next-door to me). I came, but I didn’t really have any rap for her. She’s put on a lot of weight in her mid section. I think she’s preggers again. LOL!

Seeing the baby again was cool, but I felt like he was just another cute little kid, not my god-son. It was weird. "T" and I spoke for a while, but it wasn’t anything of substance. Just - who shot who, and how is the family? We never used to have a hard time communicating. She tried to get into my personal life, but my armor was air tight. She asked me about who I was seeing, and how my mother was. What was up with my sister, and if I had plans for the weekend, & what was up at the job. I managed to dodge all of her questions, without seeming bitchy (or at least I think so) LOL! She mentioned how nice my ring was TWICE! I guess she wanted to know who I was dealing with, who gave me the ring, and if I was engaged. Every time she bought it up I would just say “Thanks” and change the subject. She had a little something on her ring finger also, but I didn’t comment on it.

I entertained her as she told me that her son was “bad”. I just gave back little responses like “oh really”, “why”, & “how did that happen?” (my guess would be continued bad parenting on her side). Mostly I was just absorbing everything. Most of all the fact that she looked like crap.When her babies’ father came over, I was actually happier to see him then her. We talked about school and his two jobs. After he left, I said my goodbyes. I told her that I would call to chat the next day. I think we both knew that wasn’t going to happen.


She trapped a man with a baby. She’s not sure who the father is. She screwed me over, after 10 years. I can never trust her again. So from now until forever, I will be polite. I will visit with her child as long as she lets me. But I will never again give her anything of myself. That aught to teach her that you can’t just play around with peoples feelings.
Everything positive that comes with me – stays with me. Give them nothing, but take from them – everything!

Question: Anyone else go through anything similar to this?


Peace

9 comments:

JustMeWriting said...

OK...first of all...if you EVER say; "I think she’s preggers" OR "he had a little something on her ring finger also" I'LL BE FORCED TO GIVE YOU A TICKET (OFFICER) LOL... Girl, I can't say I agree with that quote (you know that's not nice), but I know what you mean...'NO COMMENT' and that's what you've got to do, because people you don't REALLY like will drain your GOOD energy...just trying to be POLITE...I'm at my wits end with it, so i'm RIGHT behind you.

Nic said...

@ JMW,
I was trying to write back but I'm looking out the window, and this dude is pedaling up the street soooooo hard, he just looks crazy. I'm sorry let me pull myself together.

Nic said...

@ JMW,
You'd be a good copper.

Always keeping the peace and what-not :)

Shai said...

I have a childhood friend who lives in the neighborhood. Since we were kids, I have always been the odd ball so as I got older, I distanced myself. I was about college and my child. She was about men, babies(she has 5 by 4 dif guys) and not much I was interested. I would party with her and my girl(who is now deceased) here and there. Now, I see her maybe once a season. She has too much drama, like dating married men, getting STDs.

My daughter and her kids go to the same HS and my daughter hangs with her daughter. I hear about her through my child.

I am not trying to be judgmental but when you keep doing the same things and getting drama, I don't want to see or hear it all the time.

JustMeWriting said...

LOL....LOL.. @ that first lil tid-bit of info (in your reply) ...lol...I just imagined him doing that with sweat just pouring down...LOL. you make me sickums...LOL.

Khoney330 said...

Nic I'm with you. You don't have to deal with her. Just let her go, all the drama!

Unknown said...

Nic,

That movie was so powerful and I sat in the movie's twice it was truly about showing no weakness no matter the pain.

You as so correct as far as protecting yourself against those who you know are out to get you....

His wife was no joke either she was strong with hers, she handled hers all the way to the end..."SPARTANS ATTACK!" LOL LOVE THAT MOVIE

dc_speaks said...

hey, people are in our lives for a season...(season is a relative term) once that season is over, they don't need to be there. If that person's time is up, let it be up. Ask God to give you the answers about that.

lata playa.

Nic said...

@ Shai.
That lady seems out of control. I can understand why you don’t want to hear about that all the time. It gets real old real fast.
Sorry to hear about your other deceased friend.


@ Khoney330.
Hey girl. Yeah, I’m just gonna’ let go and let god!


@ Always wanting to know.
I watched that movie like three times. After I saw that movie I was like….”I’m not gonna’ be complaining bout these bitch ass lil’ headaches anymore. I’m only complaining if I loose a limb!” HaHa LOL!


@ dc,
Hey botha,
I just wish I hadn’t wasted so much time on her in the first place. Thanks for the words of wisdom.