Friday, June 22, 2007

Paternity Becoming a Non-Issue?



Is paternity going to become a non issue soon? Will anyone care who fathered who in the upcoming years? With the growing number of babies’ daddies/mama’s, I’ve been thinking about it a lot. It seem like every time I turn around someone is being dragged into court, with orders to submit to a paternity test. It’s all over the news (Anna Nicole Smith &Maury). In the tabloids, (Eddie Murphy & Mel B). And of course, on the block. It seems like as soon as a woman gets pregnant, there’s someone questioning if she’s been faithful.


There are two cases that I want to discuss here in this post.


1. Y’all know that I’m still sleeping with my ex right? Well he has two children. Identical twin boys to be exact. They are two of the sweetest, most adorable (when they want to be) boys that you’d ever want to meet. The thing is …………..I don’t think that they are his. My reasons for feeling this way are as followed

a. From what he’s told me, the dates don’t really add up.

b. They don’t look anything like him.

c. Two dark skinned people with dark skinned parents and darker grandparents don’t usually make light-bright children.

d. She’s the skankiest, most opportunistic whore I’ve ever encountered.



Now, he’s loved & taken care of those boys since they came into the world, but there was a time when he was considering a paternity test. Somehow between the months where she denied all access to the boys & when she had completely abandoned them, it got put on the back burner. He’s a nice guy. I think that after years of taking care of the boys, he just grew to love them so much that he couldn’t bare the thought of them NOT being his. Now it’s not even an issue. While we were together, I didn’t say anything on the subject. It wasn’t really my place, and also I knew (with my big mouth) that once the flood gates opened there would be no closing it. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings in any way, or make him feel like he’d been taken advantage of. Recently though, since we’ve been in this “open-buddy” thing I asked him.

“If you found out that the boys weren’t yours, would that change anything?”

He said “No”.

I don’t know what to think. I mean it’s cool that he’s the type of person that would still take care of someone else’s kids. But honestly I think that he’s a sucker for it. Judge me if you want to. I don’t care. Something’s got to give. At the very least I would want/need to see that skeevy bitch of a B.M. put in her place. That gutter whore has been acting like the world owes her something for too long. Just cause she knows how to lay on her back. Pshaw! I can pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time……..where the fuck are my riches?


2. A girlfriend from high-school just had a bombshell dropped on her. After getting into a small argument with her man over a text message in his phone (from a girl) he said……

“‘Baby girl’ isn’t even mine anyway.”

Now this is where the story gets kind of iffy to me, because well honestly, who can you trust anymore. Anyway according to her, HIS step-mother purchased an in-home/send out paternity kit. They took it without my friends’ knowledge or consent. The results showed that he wasn’t the father. He took the testing March, and he sat on the results.

You’d think she’d be humiliated right, but no. She just told him,

“Sorry, I thought you WERE her father. I would’ve told you if I’d known differently.”

After confronting the “other man”, he admitted to putting a hole in the condom for the express purpose of getting her knocked up.

In the end the little girl just ends up with two daddies….for now. The original dude took a step back for a second, but couldn’t stay away long. She is currently on good terms with everyone, except for the step-mother who bought the test.

The way things are going, people will be able to buy paternity test kits at their local Wal-Mart or Target (for you well to-do folks).This is a huge step away from the days where women were stoned to death for just the suspicion of screwing the “next man”.

It just seems like nobody cares anymore. What do you think?



Have a great weekend everyone.




Peace

10 comments:

JustMeWriting said...

WHAT IN SAM HALE IS GOING ON HERE??? Ok, YOU KNOW I died of laughter on the first story (well the last part of is...you calling that chic all those names).

It's a terrible thing to decieve a person like that...which is EXACTLY the point I've been making on my page...our kids are jacked up because the parents need to grow up. If you're sleeping with more then one person at pretty much the same time...you need to make that clear; how dare she say. "I'm sorry"

Keelah said...

Dude! I've got MAD RESPECT for your "buddy". :) I know its hard to accept that answer tho...since you have such feelings for the mama. But its not really her who wins in this situation...its the kids. As fugged up as kids are nowadays over the whole..Are you my daddy? thing...I think its great that they will always have one in him...no matter what. They deserve that...they didnt choose their skanky mama anyway right? At least she had the good sense to choose/trick them a good "daddy". Maybe

dc_speaks said...

i had a false alarm bell rang in my ear in the past. It's tough on everyone when they(children) are still young like infants. Dudes are probably hesistant to bond with the babies for the fear of getting attached and finding out it isn't their kid. It happened to me when I was 21...nearly 17 years later, I still get angry about it.

I loved the post. Thanks for putting this out there for public awareness.

Unknown said...

I think it's equal opportunity cheating, quite frankly. It's sad, but that's just the way it is...

In regards to this comment though "Two dark skinned people with dark skinned parents and darker grandparents don’t usually make light-bright children." I don't think it really has to do with the fact that everyone had dark skin, etc...and everything to do with their genes/DNA. It can skip generations, but if there was someone light skinned from generations ago, it could certainly pop up...ya never know.

Him taking care of those boys, not even knowing if they're his is really admirable. Good for him! He may not be the "father" by blood, but he's definatly their dad! My boyfriend is the same way, took care of someone else's daughter, although they've grown apart since they've broken up and she moved. He also considered taking on the father role for a friend that asked him to, but by then I was in the picture (and not having it, especially when child support could've eventually been involved...)

I certainly applaud men that do that!

Nic said...

@ JMW, You know I have to make you laugh at least once per post. You know what isn't funny? This broad (my Exs' baby momma) just had another kid over the weekend. I don't even know what to think about it. I just hope she can fake a little more sense w/ this one.

@ Keelah, Yeah, you're right. I just wish they had a real mother also. Not a girl/woman who plays games for a living. It's really f***ed up because I think she could have been a good person if her own parents weren’t so f***ed up. When will the cycle end? ROTF @ "choose/trick"! I wanna' say "Let's hope.....for the sake of her newest baby she's ‘tricked’ another good one". But that's the reason a lot of dudes don't trust women now. So I'll just keep my mouth shut.


@ DC, Wow! I know how easy it is to get attached to children. I can't even imagine the feelings one would go through if they though it was their own child. I just don't understand how some people can be so trifling when there are children involved. The thing that used to "F" my head up was the way she would blame the world (and me) for all of her problems. Bitch! I didn't break up your “relationship” you did. And I didn’t teach or encourage your children to call me "Mommy". Your complete absence did that.
Somebody teach these ladies about karma please! Glad you liked the post. I've been thinking about it for a while.



Peace

Nic said...

@ Black Mambe. Hey girl. Yeah, that one is tricky, but that's why I said "usually". Seriously though...it would have to be verrrry far back in their family. I've seen/met most family members on both sides. To give you an idea, without actually posting pictures, invision Tyrese & Nia Long having two little Alicia Keys. Suspect, but you're right, ya never know. For all he's been through...I hope they are his kids.

dc_speaks said...

thanks for the shout out and the love, lil homie...

holla

Unknown said...

Nic, I love this one and like "just me" said the names are off the hook. But real talk, the sad thing with these situations are when the children have been raised for so long and then the bombshell comes, there is no way to get over that and really what do they do?

I commend your dude for stating that nothing will change if he found out the boys were not his....but in retrospect it will really kill him inside and he will need alittle time to collect...I will pray on this one...

Unknown said...

DC, I am sorry you had to go through that.

But to all, I really hope that this situation along with all the other obvious reasons teaches us all the we have to be EXTRA CAREFUL to STAY PROTECTED it is really crazy out here...real talk.

Nic said...

@ Always wanting to know. I’m glad you enjoyed the post. I am hoping and praying that a month or a year from now some random dude won’t challenge the paternity. That would be so ugly. If he isn’t the father, I would rather the Harlot tell him. Thanks for the prayers. I wish they could do a Maternity test!